AAOEC Scholar Program
Each AAOEC Scholar will receive up to $500 per semester (College) / $500 per program (Trade) in tuition support, a case manager who will be committed to seeing you through to your college graduation, and access to crisis assistance, emergency funding, career development, mental health support, life skills trainings, and more.
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be a teen parent (defined as having a child by the age of 19) and be age 25 or younger at the time of application submission
- Be raising or actively involved in your child’s life (defined by regular support and care of your child)
- Be attending – or planning to attend – college/trade school starting the Fall 2021 semester in Charlotte, NC or surrounding areas and seeking an undergraduate two or four-year degree or trade certificate
- Have a minimum 2.75 grade point average
- Be a US Citizen, legal US Resident, or have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status
- Submit a copy of their Student Aid Report (SAR) or proof of FAFSA submission, if eligible for federal financial aid.
- Be planning to take a minimum of 6 credits each semester
PROCESS FOR BECOMING AN AAOEC SCHOLAR:
- Complete the application AAOEC Scholar Program (open June 15th- July 30th), including personal essay
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit most recent school transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) including cumulative grade point average or GED certificate
- Submit a copy of Student Aid Report (SAR) or proof of FAFSA submission
- Meet (virtually) with program staff for interview
Complete mandatory AAOEC orientation.
Questions? Please contact Altrea Manns Administrative Coordinator, at